Monday, August 29, 2016

Strange Journey of Triumph of Civic Virtue over Unrighteousness, reading from my new pictorial monograph Damnatio Memoriae at Artslope, Saturday 9/24 at 4pm: 575 5th Ave, Brooklyn, NY

Reading from my latest book length monograph Damnatio Memoriae, a survey in drawings and words of political attacks against public monuments that have been deposited their remainders throughout the art museums and public plazas of New York City. I will read publicly for the first time excerpts from the work concerning the incredible journey of Frederick William MacMoinnes' the Triumph of Civic Virtue over Unrighteousness.

Securing the space where images of Civic Virtue is to be displayed and the recitation to take place is on account of the nearly tireless efforts of members of the Park Slope Windsor Terrace Artists Artists Group, which I have recently joined. The artist group will be exhibiting in an empty storefront on 5th avenue in Brooklyn during the entirety of Artslope. I invite all attendees to my reading to also explore the work of my fellow PSWT artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment