Thursday, February 8, 2018

My 2016 drawing of Lawson Dancing with His Granddaughter from Green-Wood Cemetery Brooklyn published in the Charles Carter Literary Magazine to illustrate a heart breaking poem by Seth Jani about the tragic death of migrants making the perilous crossing to Europe during the contemporary migrant crisis



The editors of the Charles Carter have very movingly incorporated my autumn 2016 drawing of Lawson and His Granddaughter from Green-Wood Cemetery (a motif that I have explored on numerous occasions) as a visual counterpoint to a poem by Seth Jani entitled 'Diving Lessons'. I thank them for this moving effort. The editors have also included a recitation of the piece. I include the first two lines of the poem

What we lost in the sea
Cannot be salvaged

http://www.thecharlescarter.com/writing/2018/02/06/diving-lessons/

No comments:

Post a Comment